Thursday, December 5, 2013

Author Becki Brannen!

Has anyone met Becki Brannen? Well if you haven't, you SHOULD! She is the author of the Breathless series of books, and a close personal friend of mine.




So tell us a little Bit about yourself
 
I'm a Christian, wife and mother. I work in a law firm, but writing feeds my creative passion.
The title for Breathless was just natural. Carly has asthma, like I do, and it was the obvious choice. I picked Strapless to allude to wedding dresses. Sleepless, well, anyone's who's been a parent understands that one!!

What is your secret passion? Do you put that into your books?

My secret passion - hmm, I'd have to say my latest obsession is Vampire Diaries. More specifically, certain wonderful actors who are laid back enough to become real friends, one of whom helped shape Ryan's character a bit in Sleepless. I can't say there's any real TVD in the books, but I can say it has kept me from writing on Tuesday nights! Haha!

Are any of the characters in the books like you?
Carly is probably the most like me, but there are aspects to her friends that are pieces of me as well.
My next book is a toss up. I've got a few I'm working on right now. Running is a suspense romance. Providence is a country romance with a strong female lead, and Peregrine is sort a wistful romance. Sort of Nicholas Sparks without all of the death.

Can we get a sneak peek?


There are sneak peeks on my website http://beckibrannen.weebly.com (Lee, remind me and I'll try to get you long passages of each!)

Do you need any special conditions to write?

Nope! With two little ones and a full time job, I'm lucky if I don't end up with akdhekdbejslb in the middle of my manuscripts! I can handle the chaos!

Do you type your stories or do you write them longhand?


Typer, if possible, but longhand if I'm writing during my lunch hour at work.

Who inspires you?

My husband, my kids, really everyone who have been a major part of my life have impacted my writing.

Who are your favorite authors?

My fave authors are Heather Huffman, Nicholas Sparks and Janet Evanovich, all for decidedly different reasons!



Are there any authors who influence your writing?


I think every author you read influences you in some way. They give you some things you decide you do or do not want to do on your own writing, so I don't know that could pinpoint any one that has influenced my writing so much more than any other.


Ok now for some quick shot questions!

What's your favorite holiday tradition?

Picking out our yearly Christmas ornament

Is your Christmas tree up yet?
Not yet, but it will be up and decorated on Saturday!

What's your favorite color?
Pink, no purple, red? It fluctuates. I think aqua is big for me lately.
What's your favorite food?

Beef tips on rice. Has been since I was little. Other kids said pizza and I was the oddball!

What's your favorite song?

Satisfied by Jewel

What's your favorite vacation spot?

St Augustine, Florida

What's your favorite beverage?


Iced coffee, extra cream

Favorite Holiday Song?

Silent Night

Favorite Holiday?

Christmas

What supernatural creature would you be and why?

Vampires - they're cool





What's you're favorite book?


Anything by my favorite authors.
Fave series is Stephanie Plum By the Numbers
Hunger Games/Catching Fire


What's your favorite TV Show?

TVD, of course!!
 








 
           Make sure you check out all of her books!!!







 Synopsis: What happens when an ordinary girl meets the man of everyone’s dreams?
Keeping secrets is never easy, especially since Ryan Spalding is on the cover of every magazine and this year's "Hottest Hunk under 30." Good thing Carly Sparks is so out of the loop when it comes to celebrity affairs, or she'd realize she was in one!

http://www.amazon.com/Breathless-Becki-Brannen-ebook/dp/B0077RGPGC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386199053&sr=8-1&keywords=Becki+Brannen





Synopsis:
Carly and Ryan are getting married!

Carly is convinced she can have it all - a budding law career, the perfect wedding and even a new house...err...mansion. Can she juggle everything, or will she drop the ball?






Synopsis:

Carly and Ryan are married!

Will baby make three before Carly has a chance to come clean about their elopement? Carly seems like she's got it all - a dream job and a dreamy husband - but she's starting to feel like her dream job is turning into a nightmare. She's feeling incomplete and just needs something... more. With the possibility that she's pregnant, and her lack of enthusiasm for her job, Carly embarks on a career path that she's hoping will leave her fulfilled and feeling like she's done something to leave her mark on the world.



http://www.amazon.com/Strapless-Breathless-Becki-Brannen-ebook/dp/B007YLFYT0/ref=la_B006KSJKXY_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386199367&sr=1-3


Make sure to check out all of Becki's Pages!!!

email : beckibrannen@gmail.com
http://www.bn.com/c/becki-brannen


No comments:

Post a Comment